Here are the steps for submitting an application. While the process is more hands-on than many MUSHes, quality control is important to us. Too often, players are approved and then find that a merit or a skill that they spent much of their background or their starting points on is of little use. No one likes to feel that they wasted their time.
Before you start to build, make sure you can adhere to the Players Roleplaying Agreement
1. Submit a +concept on the game. Summarize what sphere/specifics you desire, what type of roleplay interests you, and outstanding aspects of your character. This should be no more than a sentence or two, with sphere data and IC career choices.
2. Once your concept is approved, please create a starting level character as you would if you were playing a table-top game; for the rare feature characters with more starting points, they will be added after we approve the basic character.(Exception: Vampire and Ghoul PCs should send in their applications with all the stats wanted at the end of chargen) When submitting, make the character sheet run in one column down the left side of the page with numerical values. Do not attempt to recreate a character sheet; this helps speed up the approval and statting process.
3. Submit your questionnaire in the same mail with your statistics to the your Sphere Staffer. You must also indicate that you have read all of the House Rules for the game and the individual sphere. You cannot be approved until you have read and understood them. You also must have access to the Core Revised Book for the individual sphere. Feel free to contact any staff you see to ask questions.
CORE STAFF DOES NOT REVIEW APPLICATIONS BY +MAIL OR BY +JOB. They must get this information by e-mail. When you submit the app through e-mail, please drop a +mail on the game to let the staffer know it has been submitted.
|Nighthawk||Mortal+ and Mortalemail@example.com|
4. The Sphere Staffer will respond in a few days with questions, suggestions, or an announcement of approval. If you do not hear from staff within a week, please contact us on the game. Unfortunately, we have had applications get lost in spam filters.
5. Sometimes, staff will ask you to add or take away parts of your application. While this is necessary for approval, do not be afraid to argue for the importance of this or that statistic or background. The more eloquent you can be in describing the importance of the statistic, the most chance you will keep it.
6. Once we tell you that you are approved, use +check on yourself and fill it out as much as you can. Do not go through chargen. Our staff employs the hand-statting process to make sure that you and they have not left anything out.