Grady is the kind of person who spawns rumors without even trying. He is an unattractive, rude man who seems to take pleasure in a job that upsets most people. Even so, the rumors around Grady go beyond being just the town's aspiring curmudgeon. See below:
1. O'Shea is an alcoholic; he is always drinking from a flask, even when working. He must keep the job because of nepotism.
2. That guy is a creeper. Do you see the way he is always watching people, women and children especially.
3. My kid says this guy does horrible things to the stray dogs; I think he is part a dog-fighting ring.
4. My grandmother saw him in a parking lot and kept insisting the bum is a successful writer; she is getting senile.
5. I swear to God, I saw him go down a dead-end alley, and when I passed it, he wasn't in there. It was like he vanished.
6. They must pay dogcatchers a fortune. I saw that guy order enough for ten people at a McDonalds and sit there eating it all himself. He even paid cash, holding up the line like a jerk counting out bills from a gold money-clip.